This post contains affiliates links which means I may get a small percentage if you purchase from the links.
Mother’s Day is almost here – eekkk and if you’re like me, you’re still searching for that perfect gift. I’m continuing my gift-giving theme with another post on great gifts. If you haven’t read the Best Gift to Give your Kids yet, you can check it out as well.
“What do you want for Mother’s Day?” asked my husband.
There are 5 love languages.
- Acts of Service
- Words of Affirmation
- Physical Touch
- Quality Time
MOMS WHOSE LOVE LANGUAGE IS ACTS OF SERVICE
- Don’t let me do anything on Mother’s Day. I’m talking no breakfast, no kids duties, no house work, no dinner. You take care of everything. Let me put up my feet and force me to enjoy it. I might protest (why do we do that) but insist and sooner or later I will gladly succumb. I will always remember this awesome day!
- Order take out dinner from my favorite restaurant. Serve it to me please.
- Clean out my craft room or office as a surprise.
- Print out and give me these vouchers that I can use anytime. Tell me that I have to use them because you paid a lot of money for them and they expire soon.
- If finances allow, book me a massage and/or a spa day.
- Believe it or not I actually don’t want to be alone on Mother’s Day, do you? I want to be with my babies. I just want to be able to enjoy being there without having to parent at the same time. Give me a few hours to myself. Either you take the kids somewhere for the morning or afternoon or I can go to the beach and hangout with my book.
- Schedule a cleaner to come to the house so I can relax.
Still want to give me something to open? How about a gift card to my favorite store or an Amazon gift card is always a huge hit!
MOMS WHOSE LOVE LANGUAGE IS QUALITY TIME
While we might appreciate you spending hours mowing and manicuring the lawns, or finally replacing the lightbulb in the kitchen, if quality time is not our primary love language your hard work won’t go too far. Sorry!
If my primary love language is quality time, you have so many options that can fill my love tank and make my day.
Here are some things to do for the woman who loves spending time with you more than anything else:
- Plan a weekend away, if finances allow, just the two of us. Let me know you are planning it so I can get excited. If we cannot go away, I would love an afternoon walk just the two of us.
- Skip the regular guys’ get together and instead let me know that you would rather spend time with me night instead.
- Commit to connecting with me (almost) every night or on a certain day every week to talk about our day. Share anything funny or crazy from your day. Fifteen minutes a day is a great start. Put it on our shared calendar so we both can carve out time for each other.
- Make date night or date afternoon a priority. Again, put it on your shared calendar and do not change it, unless there is an emergency.
- Plan to go to bed at the same time so we can snuggle each other. Let me know you love being in my presence.
- Watch a movie together, extra points if it’s one I really wants to watch but you’ve been hesitant to see. Sit next to me on the couch and share a cozy blanket.
Still want to give me something to open? How about concert tickets to my favorite music band or reservations for 2 at a fancy hotel.
MOMS WHOSE LOVE LANGUAGE IS WORDS OF AFFIRMATIONS
We all love to be told that we are special, amazing and doing a great job. If words of affirmation is her love language then your words are even more important. Many women I know feel under-appreciated and not recognized for all they do each day.
To change that, shower your wife/friend/partner with words that builds her up from the inside. She will be so happy hearing your express words of appreciation and affirming her.
Here are some great gifts for the woman who loves words of affirmation.
- Write me a love letter sharing some of the things everything you love about me. Let me know you appreciate all that I do, with the kids, what a great cook I am, how organized the house is because of me and how much you love coming home to me. If you like, read it out loud maybe in front of the kids.
- Write words of affirmation on bright sticky notes and put them all over the house, in my closet, my favorite pair of shoes, my dresser, jewelry box, in my car, my purse. You get the idea. Let me spend the day reading words that build me up and make me feel loved and appreciated. Need ideas? Here are some great ones to try.
- Purchase a billboard and let the world know what you love about me. Okay, if the billboard is too daunting then just share it on social media so all her friends know that you are crazy about her.
- Get the kids involved and make a video sharing what I mean to the family; the things I does everyday that makes everyone’s lives a little easier.
- If she is involved in a project, ask her about it and compliment her on her hard work and creativity.
MOMS WHOSE LOVE LANGUAGE IS PHYSICAL TOUCH
- Give her a coupon for 5 free back massages that needs to be redeemed in a month. You can download a free template here to use.
- Unsolicited kisses or hugs are always welcome and will fill up her love tank.
- Send her texts throughout the day reminding her that you thinks she’s the most beautiful woman ever and that you can’t wait to come home!
- Go for a walk and hold hands.
- Sit next to her on the couch and let her rest her head on your shoulders while you watch a movie.
- Any activity that lets you be close to her.
MOMS WHOSE LOVE LANGUAGE IS RECEIVING GIFTS
There you have it! I hope one of these spoke to you and put a smile on your face. Now just print it out and pass it along so your family knows exactly how to fill your love tank this Mother’s Day.
Have a super-happy-awesome day!
We know you’re super busy but we hope you enjoyed this article. Can we ask a favor and ask if you would mind filing out this very brief survey? It will help us to create more content to help women like you! Thank you, thank you!