Hybrid. Traditional. Fully remote.
These are the words that are often heard when talking about this coming school year. The start of school is always filled with a level of anxiety but this school year, in particular, can make us even more anxious and fearful.
Thankfully we have a source of peace and calm we can go to for reassurance that even though we do not know what the future might look like for school, we have a God who has already seen the future and we can cling to His words for support.
My kids are on two different schedules to start the school year – the boys are in a hybrid schedule with 2 days in school, 3 days home and my daughter is fully remote.
It used to be that I could not wait for school to start so they could have a bit more structure but this year with all of them home more than usual, I have to be more intentional about bringing more calm into our days.
That I why I wanted to share these beautiful Back To School Bible Verse Prints that you can grab and use in to decorate your child’s workspace so they always have God’s Words surrounding them as they study.
I pray that they will bring your some reassurance and joy as we all navigate the coming school year.
10 Back To School Bible Verses To Bless Your Child’s School Year
- I will walk by faith even when I cannot see. 2 Corinthians 5:7: When the school year starts we need a lot of faith. Faith that our teachers will be able to communicate with us in a way we can learn, faith that we will make friends, and faith that we will all adjust. It is one big leap of faith. The verse reminds us to put our faith in God even though we cannot see Him and trust that He is always with us.
2. I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13: This is one of my favorite quotes. It reminds us that God is our strength and He alone gives us all we need. Whatever your child might need this coming school year, whatever obstacles they may face, may God be their strength.
3. May He give you what you desire and make all your plans succeed. Psalm 20:4. I pray that God may bless your plans and your child’s plans this coming school year. Whether you are planning to homeschool, or the kids will return to a hybrid or traditional model, I pray that it will be a huge success. Be sure to include God in all your plans for this coming school year!
4. Do not let anyone look down on you because you are young, but be an example for the believers in your speech, your conduct, your love, purity and faith. 1 Timothy 4:12: This is such a great reminder that no matter how young you are or how old you are, we are examples of what it means to be Christians and the followers of Christ. By our examples may others be drawn to Him and want to follow Him as well.
5. Trust in the Lord with all your heart. Proverbs 3:6: Each day, remind your child and yourself to trust in God; to lean not on your own understanding but to submit to God’s will. Seek God first in all you do, trust that He wants only the best for you and your future.
6. The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him and He helps me. My heart leaps for joy and with my song I praise Him. Psalm 28:7: This verse is so powerful as it reminds us that our joy comes from God and that He is always ready to give us strength and protect us for the day ahead. As your child prepares to work for the school day, let him or her repeat this verse so it can sink into their hearts and fortify them for the work ahead.
7. Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plan will succeed. Proverbs 16:3: Whatever you want to do in life, make God be a part of it and no matter the outcome know that it is God’s will.
8. May the Lord bless you and take care of you. May the Lord be kind and gracious to you. May He look upon you with favor and give you peace. Numbers 6:24-26. This is such a powerful verse. It is declaring God’s blessing over your child’s day and life. I use it as a blessing and a nighttime prayer for my children. I love declaring these words over them.
9. “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, to plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11: This verse has been misinterpreted for so many. At the time the people of Israel are in exile because of their sinful ways. There is a false prophet that tells the people that they will be out of exile soon but Jeremiah said that was incorrect and they would be in exile for years and years. This verse is for us to understand that God does have plans for us and His plans may not be our plans but that His plans are for our good.
10. Be determined and confident. Do not be afraid of them. Your God Himself will be with you. he will not fail you to abandon you. Deuteronomy 31:6: Inspire your child to be determined and confident in their school work. No matter what comes their way this school year, help them to remember that God will not fail or abandon them.
A Special School Blessing To Start Your Day
Each day before your child start their school day, give them a simple blessing that will give them reassurance of who they are and who they belong to. Pray that God may give them wisdom and all they need to do well and succeed.
School Day Prayer
May the Lord bless you and take care of you.
May the Lord be kind and gracious to you.
May He look upon you with favor today and give you peace and all you need to succeed.
May He cover you with His precious blood and surround you with His Holy Light.
May you grow in wisdom and stature and in favor with God and man.
In Jesus’ Name I pray. Amen
I pray these give you some ideas on how to make your child’s school year special and meaningful this coming year. May God bless you always.
Download your prints here: