Wouldn’t it be great if there was a button you could press and instantly feel more joyful?
How about if it was simply a joy drink we can purchase at the supermarket for a joyful boost.
While neither of those has been invented yet (it’ll be my next project :)), there are things we can do each day that can help us feel more joyful in no time.
Here is a list of 15 things you can do that takes 15 minutes or less to boost your joy.
1.Pray – even if you only have 10 minutes, give it to God first thing in the morning. Let Him be the first One you talk to before anyone else. Or before you have anyone speak to you – I’m talking about social media. [time: 10-15min or more if you can]
2. Get outside – the weather is finally warming up in my neck of the woods so I’m loving the time outside – at least as soon as the pollen is lesser #allergies. You can even pair this with #1 and do a prayer walk. [time: 15min walk]
3. Create a friend text list – grab a piece of paper and write down the names of friends you would like to stay in touch with. Each day pick one name and send them a quick note telling them you’re thinking of them. This is so fun – for you and for them. [time: 2 mins]
4. Take 5 deep breathes – this has been so helpful especially when I am feeling stressed or overwhelmed. Close your eyes, smile, and breathe. Follow the 4-7-8 rule, breath in for 4 counts, hold for 7 counts, and exhale for 8 counts. [time: 5mins]
5. List your blessings – just taking a few minutes to count your blessings can change your mood and increase your joy. This is one of my favorites. [time: 5-10mins]
6. Create a daily mantra – I usually based my mantra on my Bible reading for the day. I choose one word or verse and repeat it to myself throughout the day. So reassuring and so joyful. [time: 5mins]
7. Take a tech break – Staring at a computer screen all day can suck the joy out of me. Just a simple 10min break can do wonders for your wellbeing and mood. [time: 10mins]
8. Drink more water – eating healthy and taking care of your body can help give your joy a much-needed boost. Commit to eating healthy and drinking plenty of water today. [take a sip every 10-15min]
9. Say I love you – say it to others but also to yourself. When was the last time you gave yourself a hug? [less than 2 mins]
10. Rest – take a 15 min break from everything and just be still. Invite the Holy Spirit to be with you and give you calm to enjoy the stillness. [time: 15mins]
11. Plan out your day – sometimes the reason we are stressed is that we fail to plan out the day and end up reacting to things that come our way. Take a few minutes to look over your schedule to know what’s going on. [time: 10 mins]
12. Move/Dance – take a few minutes to stretch and move today. Put on some worship music and dance in your kitchen. Or do some jumping jacks, planks or low-impact exercises to get your joy flowing. Remember to be gentle with yourself.[time: take the full 15 mins]
13. Journal – whether you’re an avid journaler or do it every now and then, journaling can help clear the clutter in your head that may be stealing your joy. Write it down and let it go. [time: 10-15mins]
14. Find a hobby – when you are busy and stressed the last thing you want is one more thing to do. Having a hobby though can be a great escape from your normal routine and reset your mood. Try painting, gardening or whatever you enjoy doing. [time: 10-15mins]
15. Play/Be silly – I never want to take myself so seriously that I forget how to be silly and have fun. Do something that will make your younger self proud today. [time: 10-15mins]
There you have it, my friend. Each of these are things that I do to never lose sight of the blessings of my joy.
Which will you start with first? Leave a comment to let me know.
I also created a calendar here that lists the 15×15 so you can pick one each day to do.
Grab it here
Hey working mom, are you feeling overwhelmed, overworked and overscheduled? Eva can help you simplify your schedule so you can do more of the things that matter most to you.
Schedule a Simplici-Tea Session below. It’s time to kick overwhelm and embrace more joy!